Monday, March 16, 2015

8 Easy and Cheap Frozen Themed Birthday Party Ideas

For my daughter's fourth birthday party, she requested a Frozen themed party. What? Shocker, I know. Being the crafty, Pinterest lover that I am, I immediately started pinning everything related to Frozen themed birthday parties.  Here are eight easy and cheap ideas for a Frozen themed birthday party that I found.



1. Elsa hair for the girls

Making Elsa hair for all of the girls who attended the party was easy but time consuming. I followed the tutorial on Chameleon Girls, which is actually for Rapunzel hair. I used it to make my daughter's Rapunzel hair for her Halloween costume last year. For Elsa hair, I used white yarn and sewed snowflake buttons onto the yarn.

2. Sven antlers for the boys

I could've bought these off of Etsy, but I thought I'd save myself some money by making them myself. I used brown craft foam, glue, and brown ribbon. I made one antler and used it as my template for the others. Easy peasy.

3. 3D paper snowflakes

I used three 3D paper snowflakes and my daughter's Frozen castle as my decoration for our fireplace mantle. The directions on how to make the snowflakes can be found here. I used computer paper to make mine if you are looking for a size reference.

4. An icicle capped ledge and snow


I saw a Pinterest pin for an Etsy site selling Styrofoam icicles for a Frozen themed party. I looked in my array of leftover crafting materials and found white felt. Again, why pay someone when I can make it myself. After I cut the icicle shapes out of the bottom of the felt, I sewed the top part around the staircase banisters. To make the snow, I just threaded cotton balls onto a long piece of white thread and secured each one onto the banister.

5. Frozen scene table centerpiece

Cake stand with dome? Check! Cotton balls? Check!! Frozen figurines? Check!!! 

6. Olaf welcome door decoration

I saw the idea on Lovezilla and I just knew I had to make it. I used the free Olaf printable from Lovebugs and Postcards and taped it together as if Olaf was holding his own head with his hands in excitement. I am so bummed that I don't have a picture of this; but my husband had been sick with the flu for two days and I had to do everything by myself as well as keep the kids away from the germfest that was our bedroom, so honestly if that's the worse thing that happened, I think I did pretty well.

7. Pin the nose on Olaf game


This was the first time we played games at one of our birthday parties. Some of the younger kids didn't quite get the concept but everyone put on the blindfold and gave it a try. I printed a second Olaf  from Lovebugs and Postcards. I had my Dad print this one using his printer since it can print on larger paper. To make things go smoother, I put the kids' names on the carrot noses before everyone arrived and I had another adult blindfold the child as I put tape on the back of the carrot nose. 

8. Build Olaf window activity

I'm not sure if you would want this for the actual party, but my kids really enjoyed playing with it the weeks before the party. I found the instructions on Growing a Jeweled Rose




No comments:

Post a Comment