Tuesday, April 7, 2015

9 Perks of Having Young Children

1. There's no need to have an alarm clock
My alarm clock...thank goodness he's cute
There's nothing that gets me out of bed quicker than the fear of my four year old being woken up by "MMOOOOOMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY" screeching out of my two year old's mouth at 6 o'clock in the morning. My son is up at 6am, sometimes earlier like this morning, every single day...6:30am if I'm lucky.

2. You'll always have time to work out

I don't have to go to the gym or put on a pair of tennis shoes to exercise anymore. I go up and down our stairs dozens of times a day usually carrying a 25 pound weight, sometime carrying one 25 pound weight and one 35 pound weight. My kids always motivate me to run...by running away from me when I tell them to do a chore like putting their plates in the sink. I do squats all day long as I pick up toys off the floor.

3. Multitasking will become one of your strengths
Well, we already covered working out while doing daily tasks, but your multitasking skills will improve far more beyond that with two kiddos. Bathtime and folding laundry (on the bed within view of the kids). Playing hide-and-seek and cleaning the bathroom. Making three different dinners all at the same time while carrying one child and answering some random question from the other child. Multitasking at its best, people!
Bubbles keep the kiddos happy and occupied while I fold the laundry

4. You're worldly knowledge will grow tremendously
Children ask such weird, out of the blue, wonderful questions that you will be forced to become a pro at Google. My daughter asked the other day about the French language. I started to recite the little French that I know, which was basically things I had heard on Beauty and the Beast. I need to do some googling. Did you know that birds don't pee, they only poop? What about the word "deciduous"? It's what you call trees that have leaves that change colors in Autumn. Your brain will be filled with random knowledge.

5. Music will fill your life
Too bad the music will be limited to Disney songs and nursery rhymes. I can't tell you how many times I've started singing a random Disney song to myself with no kids around. It's sad, I know.

6. You'll have a higher pain tolerance
After walking on countless toys with sharp edges like wooden blocks and being head butted in the face more times than I can remember, I feel like I can totally jump in the ring with the Bella Twins and just shake off the injuries. Ok, maybe not.

7. You will no longer have to worry about your nice things
Because you won't have any nice things left to worry about. Sorry.

8. There's no need for accessorizing
How nice of the kids to share their stickers with me
I don't waste my time accessorizing my outfit with earrings or a necklace. My kids are more than happy to do all of my accessorizing for me. Stickers on random body parts, dried snot on my sleeves, berry stains on my shirt, what I hope is dirt on my pants. I am one lucky girl to have such services right in my own home.

9. There is always someone around to give you a hug

Nothing can turn my frown upside down faster than a hug and kiss from my little boo bears. Sometimes, my daughter just comes up randomly and gives me a hug. Oh, they melt my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment